Thursday, February 15, 2007

Greenwich theatre: Ten-Minute Musical Challenge

(Queen riff) dum dum dum... another one bites the dust....
Hoorah, just done my stint as Composer at Greenwich Theatre's Ten Minute musical Challenge, working with lyricist Michael Hobbs ( really nice guy who will be playing Treebeard in the Lord of the Rings the Musical when it hits town) and humurous bookwriter Tobey Davies. It was a hectic day, with me and Mike working right down to the wire on our songs. Our show was called Face In The Crowd and we gave a run though during the evening. It will be performed again on Wednesday 28th September at Greenwich Theatre, by the fabulous Anthony Berkley and the gorgeous Mary Stockley, who also ran it today (quite brilliantly I might add). It was good to work alongside the legendary Mike Dixon (music director and THE world's nicest man, after my Dad) and the fab Fiona Laird (director) who is such a sweetie.
So now it is just the orchestrating on Superstorm Episode 2 for Abbey Road next week that will keep me from my nice warm bed....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home