Saturday, February 10, 2007

Abbey Road Session 1

Thursday (8th Feb) evening saw the first session of Superstorm at Abbey Road, with the fabulous Julian Kershaw (really charming and funny man) conducting a 40-odd piece orchestra consisting of London's finest session players. It was a good session, and I was really pleased with how my orchestrations are sounding, and how well Mark Sayer-Wade's (also a terribly nice person) music fitted to picture. It was really good to work alongside Jon Paxman (a good friend from my Royal College of Music Days) who has been working on the project as an arranger with Mark for Music Sculptors, and to meet Sasha Puttnam who also contributed several orchestrations. Session two will be coming up week after next, and I'm hoping it will be as exciting and stimulating a project.

February is proving to be a terribly hectic month: I am giving a reserach seminar on my composition at Southampton University on Tuesday13th Feb, and then am participating in the Ten-Minute Musical Scheme at Greenwich Theatre on the 15th. Then I'm locked into Superstorm episode two, before conducting the premiere of my big band ballet Fantine at the Turner Simms Concert Hall in Southampton on Sunday 24th Feb. Then episode three, At Abbey Road im early March. It's a busy time, but I wouldn't be doing anything else....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home