Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Moon On a Stick The Musical

Having finally shaken off  a contagious 'common' cold of fiendish stubborn-ness (I felt like a zombie carrier monkey for weeks) I am now looking forward to the summer. Tonight I am playing in Covent Garden with the improvised comedy group Sprout with whom I have bashed the keys for on and off for 10 years now. It's so much fun to do, and a real thrill with Sprout as they are the very best impro singers I have worked with. I am also doing some of the arrangements once again for cabaret sensation Abi Roberts for her Edinburgh Festival show this year.

 Next week I will be in London for the premiere of my latest musical for schools called Moon On Stick co-written with my collaborators James Gillingham and Rupert Waring, which is taking place at Ellen Wilkinson School for Girls in Ealing.  It is a sci-fi parody, a sort of Star Wars meets Reggie Perrin: Jim and Rupes have written a very funny script and I'm hoping my 'big' tunes will go down well. You can get a sense of the labour of love it has become for the pupils at the school on the website and blogs they have created: www.moononastickthemusical.com
Check it out. It promises to be a lot of fun.

 After that I intend to book a long overdue holiday. It will probably be a last minute thing but I hope I can nab on of the exotic-but-not-too-expensive-or-naff variety. It's a lottery....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home